Wednesday, July 1, 2009

33 wks

A little late, since on friday I'm 34 wks. Had a good appointment last week. Back with my usual doctor. :) I'm feeling pretty good these days. I feel, well pregnant. I suppose thats good though. She did restrict my driving, which means I'll be home a lot more. I'm ok with it for the most part. I have lots of things that need to be done around the house, other than just baby stuff.

Last night, I dont know what was wrong with me but I was antsy and didn't want to sit down. Nothing on tv, didn't want to sit outside. I really wanted to work on baby room stuff, but it was too late to start anything. I guess thats nesting? Theres only so many times you can go through the clothes and things and organize them. I've decided that we need to clean out the closet and then I'll hang some things up, keep some in drawers. I'm sure I'll totally re-do all of it once I get it where I think I want it. Plus what will work best for us, won't really become apparent til she gets here anyway.

Speaking of her getting here, I'm ready. No, not ready ready but I'm ready to meet her and see what she looks like and to have my own baby to hold in my arms. 6 wks to go!! She is head down and according to ultrasound has some hair. That would explain the indigestion/heartburn from everything.

We had an awesome shower this past sunday!! I was shocked with the clothes and how most people gave us bigger sizes, which was great! Most showers I've been too, people get all newborn or 0-3 month stuff. Its funny when people ask what do we need, I have trouble coming up with an answer. Not because we don't need anything, because there are still many things we need, I'm just not used to telling people directly what we need. I'm weird. LOL! I know there are things we don't need. Like receiving blankets, we have a ton. (Is there some other use for those things that I dont know about?) Of course, telling people what we don't need isn't exactly helpful either. Guess I could tell that we're registered at Target. That works, right?

I've been thinking about labor and delivery a little more recently. Its one of those things, you hear from others their experiences and things, and of course yours could or could not be different. I guess in a way, I'm a little nervous about it, but I think its just more "fear of the unknown" kinda thing. With Ben's job being so far away, I have to think of who I'd call if I needed to get to the hospital. I keep thinking, it'll happen on a day when no one is answering their phone. haha. Of course, the hospital is only 20 mins or so from here, so its not like I couldn't drive myself. Of course, I could go over and have to be scheduled for induction. So who knows. Birthing class is in 2 wks. I'm sure we'll both learn many things.

For all you moms out there, when did you pack your hospital bag? and what did you put in it??Any help would be great!!

2 comments:

Liv said...

I'm so excited for you! My God-Son was recently born about a month ago - it was such a beautiful & eventful thing.

Congratulations! Sorry I don't have advice, I haven't had my own just yet.

Stephanie Anderson said...

A gown and robe for yourself. Maybe two in case of a c-section. I liked to put on my own clothes after I was able to shower. Gowns only-- IMO..... you'll be sitting in a puddle for a while ;) I like to take onesies and gowns for the baby, too. Socks for baby. Hats for baby. I just like to put my own clothes on them :) Going home outfit for baby. I took a few burp cloths, too. If you have a paci that you prefer.... take it. Especially if you plan to nurse. If you plan to nurse, take a nursing bra and boppy... I had a My Brest Friend and I know it sounds completely stupid, but it was really good for the first few days and weeks. It helps you position that tiny baby. Youll be holding that thing in there with your eyes closed ;) I used receiving blankets a lot for swaddling and for rolling up and putting behind baby's back if they are lying on their side. The hospital has plenty, but I liked mine to match :) I can't tell you what you might need for labor. I only had labor once and it was short ;) If you are swollen now, you will be twice as swollen the day or so after. Take maternity clothes to wear home. Or a very loose set of elasticy stuff. Take some lotion so Ben can rub that swelling out of your feet and legs!

Whew. That was wordy. You asked for it ;)

Steph