Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Best Christmas Present EVER!!!

We were planning on starting Clomid once I got my period. Well.....I never did. :) I told myself I'd wait til Friday to take a pregnancy test. I actually used my only one in the house the day before our RE appointment, just to see if I had an excuse to cancel the appointment. It was negative, but it also would've been too early anyway. So a week later I had Ben go buy some more tests. I was still planning on waiting til Friday but figured what the heck. I had this feeling that I was pregnant, I just felt like I was. Granted, I've never been pregnant, so I dont know what that feels like. BUT, I took the test. Results showed soooo quickly. I sprinted out of the bathroom and pretty much threw the test in Ben's face. He was on the computer not paying any attention.

I started laughing/crying/hyperventilating all at the same time. He was shocked. We hugged and laughed. I was still holding the test and Ben finally said "You peed on that thing?!?!" DUH!

So...a great Christmas present and Anniversary present. Our 4 year wedding anniversary is tomorrow!

I couldn't sleep that night of course, so about 1 am I got up and took another test, just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. ;) I ended up taking all 3 in the box. When am I gonna use them again? Atleast not soon for sure.

I had my blood test on Friday, came back with great numbers. So Friday night we told our parents. We got a folding picture frame and put in a pic of us and on the other side put "Merry Christmas from the three of us." Both sets of parents were very excited. We told the rest of the family Saturday. So its been a busy busy weekend. Exciting and busy!
I haven't let myself get overly obsessed with looking at baby stuff yet, but I have a snow day today, I'm guessing it will happen. :)
I know everyone has questions, so here is my FAQ. I should've done this before announcing and then printed it and handed to everyone. :)

Q: When did you find out?
A: 12/10/08
Q: When is your due date?
A: What I can calculate says August 13, 2009. That will probably change

Q: How far along are you?
A: approx 6 weeks. I haven't had an ultrasound yet so those are just my calculations

Q: Is it a boy or girl?
A: Its way too early to know that
Q: Do you have names picked out?
A: Yes, only for a girl though. I have some boy ideas but nothing I'm set on. I do have a little while to decide though.

Q: Are you excited?
A: OF COURSE!!!! I think Ben is more excited than I am, if thats possible.

Q: How are you feeling?
A: Great! Hoping I dont get sick!

For now I'm still going to the RE. They gave me the choice, since we hadn't done any treatments. Go to them for first 10 weeks then go to OB. Or just go straight to OB. I stuck with RE because I figured we could get in faster as far as ultrasound and things.

Now for pictures!!

First test!


Cell phone pic of all 3

Cell Phone pic of what we gave our parents

Heres Ben's grandma after we told her. Theres a small story to this one. We went for her birthday. This was all Ben's idea by the way. Right before we left, we stood for a picture.

Ben said, "What do we say when we take a picture?"

His grandma, "Cheese?!"

Ben "No, Leah what do we say?"

Me "Leah's pregnant!"

Then the picture was snapped. It was funny! Ben's parents were the only ones there that knew. So it was a suprise for everyone.

3 comments:

Stephanie Anderson said...

I love the way you told Ms. Joyce. That was great. I am so excited for you! Get ready for the ride of your life!

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

I heard about this face!! I love Ben's though. He looks sooooo happy!! And of course you do too. Your right...it is the best Christmas present ever!Yes...I'm planning on coming Friday night. Love you guys!
Kelsie

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a gift!

Peggy