Monday, December 1, 2008

What I did Friday...

The baking bug bit me and I made some stuff, instead of going shopping with all the Black Friday crazies (no offense to anyone that went).

First I did pumpkin pie. I used fresh pumpkin in the recipe. For the pie crust, I used my grandma's recipe that is super easy! I decided I'm not a fan of pumpkin pie. It smells good but I'm not a fan of the texture. Ben says it was good and his co-workers liked it as well. So yay!!


Second, I made a cake. Sorta. I got the recipe from Rachael Ray's magazine. It started with gingersnap pancakes. I took gingersnap cookies and crushed them up and added them to pancake batter. You also add cocoa to the batter, thats why they're dark.


Then, I made whipped cream and added some espresso to it for some flavor.


Now, the chocolate sauce.

Then you take a pancake, put it on your plate or whatever you're serving it on. Add whippped cream, then add pancake and repeat until you use all of them. I had 9 total, I think the recipe had 8. Close enough.



Then you cover with your chocolate sauce. I think my chocolate either wasn't cool enough or something because it was very runny. The picture in the magazine made it look thicker than mine so the next picture looks really awful. Its messy, but aren't the best foods messy?!? :) I apologize for my poor presentation.



Ben also took it to work where half was eaten. So it must've been good. He said before it got out of the driveway half of it had slid off, so it was even messier when it got to work. Oh well!!


I also made these cookies. Yes I was busy, but glad to be for sure!



I'm proud of myself because out of all of it, all I ate was one bite of pumpkin! YAY!

No comments: