Sunday, July 6, 2008

Obsessed...

As you can see and read my obsessions lately have been baking and taking pictures. Today we baked apple crisp. We used Fiji and Granny Smith Apples. I personally think we should've only used the granny smith ones, but then again those are my favorite. We bought the apples before we found the recipe, but they worked. I think we should've used a bigger dish or less topping. It was still yummy though!
My other obsession has been taking pictures...of everything. Nothing wrong with that, I suppose. I've actually caught myself wishing I had it with me on the way to and from work sometimes. Its too big to lug around though and I can't keep it in my car because of the heat and I dont want to get it out at some of the places I work. So for now, I'll deal.

Here are a few pics from today:

Other than all that all I've really been doing is working. Work is work. It has its usual excitements or crazy things that happen with patients, but nothing too out of the ordinary. I've learned to just go with the flow on lots of things. Really all I can do anymore is laugh when something doesn't go as planned or like I want it to. Whats the saying "We make plans. God laughs." Yeah thats my life. So I just laugh right along with Him. And try to make fewer plans.

The 4th was fun. We went swimming, well I floated around. I dont swim. But I still had fun. I tried those new pasta things from Pizza Hut. The chicken alfredo was really good! We set off fireworks and watched some that other people had set off around the neighborhood. Overall, I had a really good time!

I'm off tomorrow! YAY! But I'm going in to clean, which is fine because I get paid for it.

Only 60 days til relaxation!!

In other news, my husband got a promotion at work last week! He is now a level I programmer. I'm really happy for him since that is what he originally started out wanted to do back in the college days. I just hope he won't be bringing home too much work with him. Oh and I lost another pound, I guess we'll say 2 wks ago. This week I maintained which is perfectly fine with me since I way over ate over the weekend. I'd rather stay the same than gain. Everyone is saying how they can tell, me personally, I cannot. I do think I'll be needing a smaller bathing suit before vacation. :)

2 comments:

Stephanie Anderson said...

I'm impressed with the weight loss! I mean, considering the "baking" thing you've got going lately :)

Steph

My Sweet & Saucy said...

Thanks so much for checking out my blog! Looks like quite a yummy apple crisp you made!