Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Caffeine

caf·feine /kæˈfin, ˈkæfin, ˈkæfiɪn/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ka-feen, kaf-een, kaf-ee-in]
–noun Chemistry, Pharmacology.
a white, crystalline, bitter alkaloid, C8H10N4O2, usually derived from coffee or tea: used in medicine chiefly as a nervous system stimulant.


I was totally and completely craving this today. The headache was and still is pretty awful. Between the headache and the fact that I felt like I could fall asleep at any moment made for a pretty interesting day. I have to keep telling myself that giving up sodas is a good thing and I will benefit in the long run. I've been drinking lots and I mean LOTS of mountain dew lately. Like 1 or 2 cans a day! So going cold turkey and gonna hurt, but I'm prepared. I think. Sweet tea is one thing that I'm not sure I can give up. I managed to not have any today or yesterday, so we'll see on that. Its like my drug of choice, err drink of choice. I still have 5 points left for today and I worked out for 35 mins. Boy that kicked my butt but its well worth it.

Oh and just so you know if anyone was worried, my MRI came out normal. Now I have that nerve test, which I'm totally not looking forward to. I'm trying to keep from being one of the people who use the internet to research medical procedures, but its so tempting to check it out. What I've heard about it, is not good. Needles, shocks, etc. I already feel sorry for whoever is gonna have to put those things in my arm because my good arm might be free to let them know exactly how it feels. I may actually have to take someone with me to, uh, help me get through it.

No comments: