Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Vacation...or not

I went to the dentist today, just for a regular cleaning & check-up. I've never really been one of those that loved the dentist, but I'm not terrified of going. I actually like coming out with clean feeling teeth. When I was younger, I always got told by the dentist "You need braces." Well that was all good and well, but my parents had to pay for them and they are freakin expensive. After a switch in dentists, I did get them. I think it was 8th grade. That happened to be around the time braces were almost considered cool or fashionable. Yeah, I know. For once, I was a cool kid with braces. No clue why they were cool, they just were. Got those off about 2 yrs later only to find out I'd need my wisdom teeth removed. UGH! I was told before hand I wouldn't.

These last few years I've been told and asked "When are you going to get those removed?" Of course today, it came up again. My excuse used to be I'm in school and dont have time. Then it was because we didn't have insurance. Now its just because I'm plain scared. I was blessed with wisdom teeth like my fathers. They're nice and impacted in there and not moving. Unless of course they're cut out. Seeing as how my life isn't going to get any less hectic, I've decided I'm gonna get them out before the year is up. I'm thinking probably after our vacation in September. I have two weeks I can take with work, so my second week of vacation (or not) I'll use for that. I'm not excited, but everyone says its not bad and I'll be so much happier once I get them out. I'm not unhappy now with them in. :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

It's really not as awful as everyone wants you to think... And I know yours are probably real good and in there but two of mine had to be drilled out of my jaw (yeah, fun) and I didn't even need crazy pain meds or something, just the freezing.