Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Life without a cell phone

I've had a phone since I was 17 or so. Not until today, have I realized how much I used that thing. Bens says I'm addicted. I have to admit, I think I might be. My blackberry pearl (oh how I love it!!) had been having issues and finally died on 8/8/08. I had only had it since Nov. After taking it up to AT&T and calling their number, getting people who read the script, had the "I dont wanna be hear doing this job" voice, I got a "new" phone on tues 8/12. Worked great, all my contacts got loaded, etc. Working great. Until today. It white screened, I think this is equivalent to the "blue screen of death" on your computer. Never came back.

We dont have a home phone, just cell phones. Of course I was at work but I only have a few peoples numbers memorized, so basically I was screwed. I get home, pacing the floor because I can't call anyone and all the online help stuff isn't working. Ben gets home, I call the AT&T people. To make it short I was on the phone for over 1.5 hrs. Spoke with 5 AT&T people: Adam, Brian, Rachel, Stephanie and someone and 2 Blackberry people-Randy and someone. Yes I remembered their names...what else did I have to do for all that time?? None of them could help me. One tried to make small talk, asking what I did, where I lived, big town, little town, it went on and on. They tell me that my phone should be here tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath for anything.

The only part that really irritated me was when one guy introduced himself and then proceeded to ask me "Do you know what happened to your phone?" 1-if I did, I wouldn't call you and 2-no. He says in a rude tone "Well basically your phone is a computer and it crashed." No kidding. ugh!

The rest of this week is going to be stressful. Next week is going to be even worse. I'm not looking forward to any of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you won! :D Shoot me an email. It's on the sidebar of the blog.