Sunday, August 17, 2008

Randomness

Not much going on around here. The usual work, home, sleep, repeat.

I have been watching the olympics. Saw Michael Phelps win most of his gold medals. The 7th one was a nail biter and the 8th as well. I really wish they'd start airing earlier in the night because its hard to keep my eyes open when its still airing at 11pm. I'm more of a Winter Olympics person. I LOVE figure skating. I remember watching Kristi Yamaguchi, Nancy Kerrigan, Oksasna, and even remember Tanya Harding and the drama surrounding her. Now I'm a Michelle Kwan fan, still hopeful that someday she'll get the gold. I think its probably more than likely out of reach, but a girl can have hope, right? In recent years, I've come to enjoy curling. Yes, I know most people think its stupid. I think I like it because I might actually could do it. Everything else I couldn't. I have enjoyed these olympics so far. I wish the US Gymnastics girls could've gotten gold, but theres always next time I guess.

Randomness:

-I learned my husband doesn't know how to cook pancakes. His way would've made them fried...or something.

-Vacation is oh so soon!! I think I actually have everything purchased for the trip. One more shopping trip ought to take care of everything.

-To date I've lost 14 lbs.

-I had to return 2 shirts to Lane Bryant. They were the smallest size they make and too big!! :) The lady asked if I wanted a different size. I refrained from saying you don't make them any smaller. I really think it was the way the shirts were made, but its still exciting. If my waist would only shrink!

-Next week at work is going to be very stressful, or I'm making it out to be worse than it may end up being. We're getting a new MRI machine in the middle of the week. I wish they'd wait 1 more day.

-I've put some decorative stuff up on the walls now. I just need some curtains. We also need a new floor lamp and we're hoping a friend will be building us a bookcase thing to hold all our Wii stuff and DVDs etc.

-Last week we only paid $8.40 for $124 worth of groceries. (Yes I had to brag!!) You ask how? Well we went to kroger. Grand total-$124.xx, then Kroger card discount-$15.xx, down to $108.40. We had a visa $100 card which was a rebate from cingular. So we used it, which brough it down to $8.40!! Yeah it'll never happen again, but it was exciting at the time. And since we spent over $100, we got 10 cents off our gas next time we filled up. So we paid $3.41. Too bad that tank of gas didn't last but 2 days. I hate driving!

No comments: