Sunday, October 12, 2008

Last days of my vacation

Thursday-Went and played mini golf with my cousin and her daughter. It was pretty fun. Kylie (the little one) actually got a hole in one. We also decided that her way of playing was so much better. Hit the ball once, go get it, sit it really close to the hole and hit it in. :) After golf, we had lunch, then went back to the house since it was her nap time. I read some more of my book and caught up on phone calls. Ok no real phones calls, but I did call Ben. Then after nap time, we went out to the beach to play in the sand. We played around and then got our feet wet. It was so cute watching her play. She would stand on her tippy toes when a wave would go in and out. That night my cousin and his fiance joined us and we all went out to eat.

Friday-my cousin and her daughter left, which made for an unusually quiet house. I didn't like that part. So me, my parents and aunt and uncle drove down to Rodanthe and saw the house that they used in Nights in Rodanthe. We had to park across the street and walk over to it because the dunes are really tall on that side of the road. Theres no parking at all. When we walked up there were two guys taking pics. They turned out to be the builders of the house. They said it looked much better 26 years ago when it was built. Being that close to the ocean would definitely damage a house. I still can't get over the fact that its condemned and for sale for 1.2 mil! We walked around the house, got pics. We were being total tourists but everyone was. Drove up to a little spot on the sound that had tons of birds. I believe it was the Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge. It also was mosquito land. We literally thought we were gonna get carried away by these suckers. They were nothing compared to here, it was awful! We stayed for a very very short time to see a few birds and the vegetation. Walked across the road, climbed the dune and checked out the ocean. Yeah same ocean, same view but nothing what you get here. We saw the boiler of a shipwreck from the 1800's. Before we left we also saw white pelicans, which aren't very common from what some die hard bird watchers told us. Had lunch, went shopping. I decided to go ahead and leave that night and head to raleigh. Mainly because I didn't feel like waking up at 4 am to head to the airport and I had had enough of some of my family. It was time to go. Got to raleigh about 10 that night.

Saturday-I decided to be brave and chance checking two bags this time. I didn't want to mess with my two carryons anyway. Plus it was free for both! The lady at the ticket counter insisted that I had to pay for my bags but turns out I didn't. :) YAY! Got through security just fine. I got my first starbucks hot chocolate of the season! :) yum! My plane ride was uneventful, which is always nice. I think we actually landed about 15 mins early. Both my bags made it successfully and I finally got to see Ben! All in all yesterday was a good day.

Today, I will be doing laundry. yuck! I'm also working on resizing my photos so I can upload them to show you guys. I did notice that I took alot. I put them all in one folder and I'm embarrassed to say how many were there. Granted, some were from other peoples cameras, but most are mine. I'm a photo person, what can I say?

No comments: