Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Tuesday/Wednesday

First, I want to say thanks for the comments/support/prayers about my last post...

Tuesday we went to the Currituck Lighthouse. I ended up climbing up it. I've done that before but its still interesting. The wind gusts yesterday were about 25mph, so it was very very windy at the top. We walked around by the lighthouse, visited the Whalehead club and looked around at the sound. Then that afternoon we went on our horse tour. We used a different company that before. They were ok. I felt really bad for my uncle. He's had back surgery and all 7 of us were crammed in a suburban. The guy who is probably not much older than me was driving rather crazily down the beach. At one point the vehicle slid sideways in the sand. NOT COOL! We did see horses, lots of babies this time. The other fun thing was driving through the water. Since the last storm, it was still a little flooded so finding the shallow puddles was just trial and error. None of us wanted to get stuck. Last night, my mom and I cooked tacos for everyone. They were a big hit.

I haven't had any seafood yet and its bothering me...

Today we went to the Aquarium. My little cousin loved it! She really liked the sharks and getting to touch the sting rays. I think she stood by them for atleast 20 minutes. This afternoon, my mom and I took a nature trail out to the sound. We saw a really big frog and a blue heron (I think). Yeah we also discovered a new species of creature...it was a flip flop. You would've had to been there, but it was quite funny. We kept seeing something on a log but couldn't make it out. It could've been a turtle or snake. So I zoomed in as far as I could, took a picture and then when I got back to the house I zoomed in on it. Then I proceeded to laugh, it was a flip flop. LOL! I'll have to post a picture of it for you guys, I know you're so interested. ;)

We also went to the beach. Played around in the sand, I found half of a pretty big conch shell and some lightning rock. My uncle and cousin flew kites and then she played in the sand with my dad. Tonight I think the week has caught up with us all because everyone was in bed by 9 atleast.

Not sure of the plan tomorrow. I have my ideas of what I want to do, they have theirs...we'll see what happens.

No comments: