Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Randoms

Let's see....

In fertility news...I had a not so fun test yesterday. Its called a hysterosalpingogram. Say that 10 times fast! I wasn't at all excited about the test, but I was even more not excited about the fact that it was at the nearby imaging center. I did 2 semesters of my x-ray school rotation through there, meaning I knew all the x-ray techs. Normally, knowing people doing your test would make you feel comfortable. This time I didn't want to know the people because the test involved putting contrast or dye in your uterus and then it flows into your fallopian tubes. I'll let you figure out how it gets there. ....yeah, not a test you'd want to have everyday, much less with people you know. I will say the tech, who I did know, was awesome. She made me feel very comfortable and my nerves went away quickly. I had to wait almost an hour sitting on the xray table because the radiologist was busy with a biopsy. I had also heard stories that the pain from this test was horrible, causing some people to pass out! I don't claim to have a high pain tolerance, but I can't say anything has ever been that painful for me. Pain was minimal and over as soon as the test was over. The test only really took maybe 15 minutes. Results are good, so now we move on to more things. Did get some bloodwork results back, which resulted in trying some meds for a while, then repeat tests again.

In work news, my schedule has changed again. It results in some good mileage money which will be going directly to the savings account. That I'm excited about.

I couldn't help myself and had to buy our halloween costumes. For mine, I only had to buy two things. A tank top which was only $3.99! Gotta love Old Navy clearance. I also had $20 off my whole order! I guess I can reveal who we're gonna be. Have you seen Juno? I'm going to be Juno and Ben is gonna be Paulie Bleeker. Pregnant belly. Short yellow shorts. Yes...we're going all out. The whole pregnant thing has nothing to do with us wanting kids, just a coincidence. I'm excited about halloween! :)

I'm ready for the election. I know who I'm voting for and I'm proud of myself for that. The last presidential election, I admit, I had no clue who I wanted to vote for. I saved president for last and honestly I don't remember who I picked.

I dont remember if I said this or not (too lazy to check as well) but my grandma had her surgery. They got all the cancer and she went home two days later. So all is well there!

1 comment:

Sarah Ring said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Glad your testing went well, I am adopted so I can kind of relate to your situation (in a totally different aspect however, if that makes any sense??). You can read my adoption story here:

http://jeunemarie.blogspot.com/2008/09/tagged.html