Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lindsey's Birthday

While we were on vacation we celebrated Lindsey's birthday! I knew we needed to surprise her since she was the mastermind behind surprising her husband last year for his birthday (which we also celebrated on vacation that year). So about a month before, I started thinking of ideas. She likes pink, hot pink. Zac Effron (I'll have to admit he's not bad to look at). houndstooth, high school musical. So I found a lady who does edible cake images. My idea for the cake was to have a picture of Zac and him saying "Happy Birthday Lindsey." Ben found a pictures for me and we also found a font that it like the high school musical letters. I incooperated all her other loves into her presents and such. I called a week before we left and put in the cake order. I was pretty sneaky. I managed to double check her favorite cake and icing combo by talking about my birthday cupcakes. Thanks to ben hurting his toe, we were able to sneak out of the house twice! Overall, I think she had a good birthday, minus the trip to urgent care.

Here are some pics from the surprise!


The cake

Lindsey coming in to see what was so important upstairs

Seeing her cake!

"He's saying Happy Birthday to ME!!!"

Make a wish!

I hope you had a GREAT birthday Lindsey!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

loved it! :) anytime zac efron is talking to me, i'm happy :) hell, he could say "u stink" and it would make me melt! ha! thanks again!